Please read the directions and ask a friend if you are unclear. Some clarifications below:
1) For assignment 1, all you need to do is memorize the words. There will be a quiz the first day of class.
2) You only need to pick one from from List A OR List B. List A are American autobiographies/memoirs. List B are American non-fictions. Take notes in the book as you are reading. If you bought the book, write in it. If not, you need to take notes on a separate sheet of paper or on post-it notes. You may also do a minimum of 15 dialectical journals to replace these notes.
Sample dialectical journal (please log into CVUHSD email to view)
3) Answer the questions for assignment 2 AFTER you have finished the book. These questions cannot be substituted by other questions/assignments. This assignment is due June 30th.
4) Use your notes from the book (or dialectical journals) to write your essay. You need to analyze the type of writing strategies the author uses to convey his ideas. This assignment is due July 28th
. To help you get started, here is a link of rhetorical strategies you may use. We will be learning about these (plus more) during the year: https://www.thelatinlibrary.com/101/RhetoricalDevices.pdf
5) Turnitin information: Please use this account in order to turn in all your summer assignments. There are two due dates: June 30th
and July 28th
Make an account on www.Turnitin.com
Enter the following information
Class ID:21291866 Password: AP2019
MUST SUBMIT ON OR BEFORE THE DUE DATE. Please plan accordingly with your travels and other summer plans.