Greetings! It is both an honor and privilege being here at "Leu-House".
During the course of the year, we will learn how math is applied in the real world:
- Students will see how linear equations are used to calculate and predict what a cell phone plan will cost over a full year.
- Students will also learn how to use Linear Inequalities to determine what the highest and lowest cost for a personal item should be when learning about linear inequalities.
Choose your course from the list below to view your course content, which is all found within the CANVAS Learning Management System:
Sports Health Management Pathway
This year Leuzinger will embark on a new and innovative pathway, Sports Health & Management. This pathway is designed to teach students how to live and maintain a healthy lifestyle through active participation in sport or a physically active lifestyle. The intent is to provide our students with a rigorous Health & Wellness-related curriculum that, after four years, will provide them with the opportunity earn a professional certification in one of many Health Management-related fields, including:
- Certified Personal Trainer (NOT CSCS Certification).
- Certified Massage Therapist.
- Certified Chiropractic Assistant
- Certified Podiatry Assistant.
- Certified Yoga Instructor (Level 1).
In addition, the Health, Wellness & Management Professions Club (HWMP) provides all club members the opportunity to learn many basic taping and treatment techniques, as well as the opportunity to become CPR & 1st Aid Certified. Finally, HWMP attends workshops during the year at the Staples Center, Stub Hub Arena & other places, providing students with networking opportunities.
I look forward to continuing to provide many awesome learning opportunities for our students, both in the classroom and in the training room!
Let's Go Leu!
Mr. Saldivar, ATC
Math Teacher/Athletic Trainer/Coach, Adolph Leuzinger High School